[CentOS-docs] spacewalk

Fabian Arrotin

fabian.arrotin at arrfab.net
Mon Feb 16 14:25:35 UTC 2009

Steffen Mann wrote:
> Are/we /is CentOS planning to integrate spacewalk? I am currently
> looking at it...

Not directly. In fact Spacewalk isn't included in upstream el5 and so
CentOS will not include it in his base distro.
It's true that there are other projects that float around CentOS (like
the Extras and centosplus repositories for example) but actually there
is still a showstopper for Spacewalk : it's still relying on Oracle DB
(which can't be redistributed). That's the reason why even the Spacewalk
project provide you information about how to install it but you have to
download Oracle RPMS from Oracle yourself .. I know the Spacewalk
roadmap says that it will jump to Postgresql in a near future but
(afaik) it's not already done ...

Fabian Arrotin
  idea=`grep -i clue /dev/brain` ; test -z "$idea" && echo "sorry, init
6 in progress" || sh ./answer.sh