[CentOS-docs] Improving the website and forums

Manuel Wolfshant wolfy at nobugconsulting.ro
Sat Jan 3 21:34:53 UTC 2009

On 01/03/2009 10:17 PM, Ralph Angenendt wrote:
> JohnS wrote:

>>> http://wiki.centos.org/TitleIndex is there. No idea if that is what Google
>>> accepts as a sitemap.
>>>
>> No it has to be Submitted to Google.
>>

> Yeah, I know that :)
>

>> http://wiki.centos.org/TitleIndex?action=titleindex This can used for
>> the site index What needs to be done is append www.wiki.centos.org to
>> each line.
>>

> That's bad. Append or Prepend? In what form? You seem to have a bit of
> knowledge, so let me bother you instead of searching myself >:)
>
> Regarding the rest of your mail - I have to chew and digest that first.
>
> Cheers and Thanks,

My site has a file which looks like:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<urlset
  xmlns="http://www.google.com/schemas/sitemap/0.84"
  xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.google.com/schemas/sitemap/0.84

http://www.google.com/schemas/sitemap/0.84/sitemap.xsd">
 <url>
  <loc>http://www.mysite.ro/</loc>
  <priority>1.0000</priority>
 </url>
[...]
 <url>
  <loc>http://www.mysite.ro/asic-design-engineers</loc>
  <priority>0.0277</priority>
 </url>
[...]
</urlset>
 AFAIR there is a local crawler which can be downloaded from google and
indexes the site, leaving behind the .xml (which can be edited / cleaned
up before submitting it to google)