[CentOS-docs] Permission to add an entry to the Webcams page

Ned Slider

ned at unixmail.co.uk
Fri Jan 2 18:29:42 UTC 2009

Marko A. Jennings wrote:
> On Fri, January 2, 2009 5:18 am, Ralph Angenendt wrote:
>> Marko A. Jennings wrote:
>>> So sorry, getting old and forgetful:  MarkoJennings
>> Done.
>
> Ralph, please remove edit permissions for this page for my WikiName, I am
> done adding content.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Marko

Thanks for your addition Marko :-)

WRT your additional note regarding the inbuilt mic not working if the
camera is plugged in at boot - I experienced the opposite with the
Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000 (onboard sound didn't work if the webcam was
plugged in at boot) and posted a workaround on that page.

I wonder if defining the sound device in /etc/modprobe.conf for the
webcam (snd_usb_audio maybe??) would solve the issue?

Anyway, thanks again for your contribution.