[CentOS-docs] Improving the website and forums

Akemi Yagi

amyagi at gmail.com
Sat Jan 3 15:14:40 UTC 2009

On Sat, Jan 3, 2009 at 6:45 AM, Dag Wieers <dag at wieers.com> wrote:

> www.centos.org - Forums - CentOS 5 - Networking Support - Wireless ...
> 14.7. Establishing a Wireless Connection
> www.centos.org - Forums - CentOS 5 - Networking Support - Intel ...

> My advise:
>
>  - Get rid of the "www.centos.org -" prefix for all pages

Not sure how to achieve this, but if possible just change to "CentOS"

>  - Get rid of the "Forums -" prefix for the forums

Without this, how would you be able to tell this is a Forum post?  The
first two items may be combined into "CentOS Forums" ?

>  - Get rid of the "Networking Support" prefix for the forums

We can shorten to "Networking" but cannot get rid of the whole thing.
This is defined as the Forum Topics.  We cannot remove it entirely.

>  - Move the "CentOS 5 -" to the end of the title (or get rid of it too)

There is a history to this.  Without the "CentOS 5" etc, management of
the CentOS Forums was very difficult and time-consuming (for us
moderators).  So, this was added after discussion with Fabian and
Johnny.  Again we can shorten it to "C5" for example.

Akemi