[CentOS-docs] Improving the website and forums

Marcus Moeller

mm at gcug.de
Sat Jan 3 15:19:21 UTC 2009

Dear Dag

> Something that is not helping us with Google is the prefix "www.centos.org - "
> to every page of the website (including the forums).
>
> It is annoying in the sense that it pushes the important keywords to the
> end of the title and sometimes out of view of regular users (yes, Google
> search resuls are trimmed).

I think the page title should of course start with CentOS.org or
CentOS to make cleat that this site is related to the distribution. I
agree that www.centos.org is not the best choice.

This could be changed in CMS settings (xoops 'site name' I guess).

All other prefixes should be removed to bring the related topic to the
front. I am not sure if this is possible with xoops or if there is a
SEO module available.

Best Regards
Marcus