[CentOS-docs] Korean Translation - Anaconda Slides

Wed Jan 14 04:12:43 UTC 2009
Alain Reguera Delgado <al at ciget.cienfuegos.cu>

Hi,

Well, it seems like my gnome terminal can't interpret Korean
translations very well. Or maybe it can and I don't know how to confirm
it ? I tried the following encoding characters in the gnome terminal:

 Current Local (UTF-8)
 Korean (EUC-KR)
 Korean (UHC)
 Korean (JOHAB)

and all I can see are question marks inside black rhombus. That is no
Korean Language ? or it is ?

YoungHoon: Could you render the Korean Slides images in your system, and
then commit them ? The procedure could be the following:

Create a workplace directory. Let's say:

mkdir ~/Desktop/Slides/

Download the following directories inside your workplace directory:

svn co
https://projects.centos.org/svn/artwork/trunk/Themes/TreeFlower/Anaconda/Progress/Slides-1/
svn co
https://projects.centos.org/svn/artwork/trunk/Translations/6/Themes/Anaconda/Progress/Slides-1/kr/

Now your workplace directory have the following structure:

Slides-1/
kr/

Get inside Slides-1 and edit render.sh to update the Translation path.
In this structure it should be:

TXT=../

Finally, save your changes and run the following command:

./render.sh kr

This will create images[1] inside Slides-1/img/kr directory based on
your translations. When it has finished get inside Slides-1/img/ and
commit kr directory. That's all.

[1] Image rendering needs Inkscape installed. This can be done with the
command `yum install Inkscape` after install rpmforge repo. To install
rpmforge repo see:
http://wiki.centos.org/AdditionalResources/Repositories/RPMForge

Best Regards,
- --