[CentOS-docs] Permission to add an entry to the Webcams page

Fri Jan 2 18:39:13 UTC 2009
Marko A. Jennings <markobiz at bluegargoyle.com>

On Fri, January 2, 2009 1:29 pm, Ned Slider wrote:
> WRT your additional note regarding the inbuilt mic not working if the
> camera is plugged in at boot - I experienced the opposite with the
> Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000 (onboard sound didn't work if the webcam was
> plugged in at boot) and posted a workaround on that page.
>
> I wonder if defining the sound device in /etc/modprobe.conf for the
> webcam (snd_usb_audio maybe??) would solve the issue?

Ned,

I tried replicating your example in my modprobe.conf, but without success.
 The reason for that could easily be my lack of understanding as to which
entries are related to the QuickCam device.

Marko