[CentOS-docs] Improving the website and forums

Tue Jan 6 16:24:51 UTC 2009
Akemi Yagi <amyagi at gmail.com>

On Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 8:09 AM, Dag Wieers <dag at centos.org> wrote:

> I don't know why everyone seems to think we are going to change *ANYTHING*
> to the way the forums work. The only thing I asked to consider is changing
> the page title. Something a forum user would not even notice because that
> is *NOT* what they see anywhere, unless in your tab. And now all your tabs
> look like: "www.centos.org -" (if you can see that many characters)

I assure you that I understood the point you were trying to make from
the very beginning.

What I did not know is that preventing unwanted portions of the title
from appearing on google is technically possible.  So, I thought the
only way to achieve this was to remove them from the original Forum
thread title.

Akemi