[CentOS-docs] Improving the website and forums

Wed Jan 7 19:09:34 UTC 2009
John <jses27 at gmail.com>

---
I could have sworne it was Byte Compiled Python instead of HTML...:-)

The day you have to manage thousands of XRAYS, Ultrasounds, Mamographies,
MRIs and CT Scans you will understand why a RDMS is invaluble to data
management. Where as that Database is going to get 2 hits, Moin is getting
how many? Even on Moin caching operations has to Traverse many Directories
where as simple Index Querie results in 2 hits. Hit the index + file = 2
hits. Take a look at the Moin Data directory and tell me how many
directories you travers to get to that one specific wiki article. Yea, I
once at a time had an install of Moin and dumpped it when I found out how it
stored my data and the markup it put in it.

DB thrashing is no problem. Load up those tables in RAM and evaluate the
queries that is causing it. Going from TSQL to SPROCS to VIEWS and Triggers
can solve many of those problems in it self. I can understand people have
different opinions but I've had the real world problem dealing with it.

JohnStanley