[CentOS-docs] adding stuff to wiki

Tue Jan 13 21:48:21 UTC 2009
R P Herrold <herrold at centos.org>

On Tue, 13 Jan 2009, jkinz at kinz.org wrote:

> First items i want to add to the wiki are:
>
> #1 - some notes about how to use Perl and cpan on Centos
>     proabbly in section 16 on the how to page.
>     http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos

Two possible entries come to mind as welcome in a CentOS
context:

 	1. Don't

 	2. Package it

If a 'unknown' person wants posting authorization, I think it
is probably a good idea to submit a proposed sample along with
the request

I come back to the thought that people need to consider WHY
something needs to be docoed yet again.

We are only building a corpus subject to entropy (aka
'webrot') by writing 'CentOS' versions of explanations of
common topics; IF, and really, only if the CentOS solution is
somehow undocumented in the existing materials, it MAY be
worth stitching in new wiki content and Forum posts [one
assumes locked against further addition, and therefor not
editable by non-'high rights uses'] (Forum posts sadly have
the shelf life of a fish in many cases).

Otherwise, all we make is busywork to rip out, re-write,
maintain, and refactor as times change.

-- Russ herrold