[CentOS-docs] New HOWTO: Setting up multiple IP addresses on the same network interface

JohnS jses27 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 17:47:39 UTC 2009

--
Ok yes it is in the same domain. Check this out:
"http://www.bing.com/search?q=site%3Awiki.centos.org

"http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=site%3Awiki.centos.org
+alias&btnG=Google+Search"

These are the same searches on alias but nothing comes up. So the person
can not find what they are looking for. Even just a general search you
can not find nothing in the wiki unless you go to the wiki itself.

Side Note: Even if I leverage Microsofts SOAP/XMLRPC interface to Bing
in a web application I make with a custom search string for example the
wiki, it want find what you want. So this brings the question what is
blocking it?

Of my CentOS or RHEL clients I do point them directly to the wiki.

Even though they are hosted in the same domain they really get more than
just overlooked from firsthand experiance with my own clients.

I think a lot of people expect a kb.centos.org technet.centos.org so to
speak. They expect the clickity click and it's all done Microsoft way
and that's never going to happen.

John