[CentOS-docs] Introduction to be able to contribute to the wiki

Ralph Angenendt ra+centos at br-online.de
Wed Jul 8 12:30:57 UTC 2009

Karanbir Singh wrote:
> On 07/07/2009 07:11 PM, Ralph Angenendt wrote:
> >> I guess the URLs could be:
> >> http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/php516to526devupgrade
> > http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/PHP_5.1_To_5.2
>
> would this not be very centos-5 specific ? would we / should we have
> some namespace in the url to indicate that ?

The article itself should state that it is for 5 only. I'm against
overly complicating namespace - what happens if an article is for 3, 4
and 5, an addendum to that article only for 3 and 4? And 5 would need a
different treatment? Would we then create *and maintain* that article
several times, for each Release?

And what happens, when 6 comes out and the same is vailid for 6? In case
1 I'd just write "this also applies to 6" - in case two I'd need to
mangle the namespace.

> also - this page would need to be changed once the pkgs from move
> testing to plus/appstack

Sure, I hope that Eric will stay on and add these changes :)

Cheers,

Ralph