[CentOS-docs] New template for Homepage

Dag Wieers dag at centos.org
Fri Jun 5 18:40:22 UTC 2009

On Fri, 5 Jun 2009, Ed Heron wrote:

> From: "Dag Wieers", Thursday, June 04, 2009 7:08 PM
>
>> I reworked the HomepageTemplate since the original one was pretty empty.
>> You can find my proposal here:
>>
>>  http://wiki.centos.org/HomepageTemplate
>>
>> But to see how it looks properly, I adapted my Homepage to look like it:
>>
>>  http://wiki.centos.org/DagWieers
>>
>> I'd like to open a discussion about what items belong on this page and how
>> we can improve it.
>> So what do people think ? What is missing ?
>
>  A more fleshed out template certainly does a better job of guiding new
> personal page developement and providing examples.
>
>  I think I see that the new template encourages a specific ordering of
> sections that focuses on the person's relationship to the project.  Meaning
> you've put the relationship before the person's biography.  I agree.
>
>  I suggest that 'List of Achievements' might sound better as
> 'Contributions'.

I changed that because a contribution you do for someone else, an
achievement is something you do for yourself. And I'd like to think people
do things they want to do in the first place.

That's why I think "achievement" is more motivating than "contribution".
Besides an achievement is something you are proud of, a contribution much
less. I can probably list hundreds of contributions, large and small. But
I can only think of a few that I could mark as real achievements.