[CentOS-docs] Request for Wiki edit permission - booting into kickstart from all-in-one USB flash drive

Phil Schaffner

Philip.R.Schaffner at NASA.gov
Mon Jun 22 14:09:29 UTC 2009

hansbkk at gmail.com wrote:
> I'm currently testing a process very similar to that found here:
>
> http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/InstallFromUSBkey
>
> And would like to update that doc with my observations once confirmed.

Would be glad to work with you on the USB install procedure[s].  Sounds
like what you are proposing goes considerably beyond the original
approach (which I have not yet found time to test).  Might be best to
have multiple articles or sub-pages to avoid trying to cover too many
variations in one page.

Here's a possible structure.  Limit the current page to basic install
from USB without kickstart or other variations, create subpages for
kickstart options, other customizations such as your slipstream-updated
install (news to me - will have to look at that - might rate an
independent page), and possibly other variants.

Regards,
Phil