[CentOS-docs] Planet CentOS

Akemi Yagi

amyagi at gmail.com
Sun Jun 28 16:41:17 UTC 2009

On Sun, Jun 28, 2009 at 9:29 AM, Fabian
Arrotin<fabian.arrotin at arrfab.net> wrote:
> Akemi Yagi wrote:
>> On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 8:21 AM, Dag Wieers<dag at wieers.com> wrote:
>>> Hey,
>>>
>>> It's probably better to remove my RSS feed from Planet CentOS because I
>>> will still write about CentOS (and tag those articles centos) but not as a
>>> team member.
>>>
>>> And if it is linked on Planet CentOS people may still think I am
>>> communicating as a CentOS team member, which I prefer to avoid.
>>
>> Also, the description on the planet.c.o. site:
>>
>> "This site aggregates blogs of CentOS contributors. If you would like
>> to have your blog added, drop daniel at centos dot org a note."
>>
>> will have to be updated.  It still says "CentOS contributors".  I
>> believe that's what Daniel had in mind when he first set it up.
>>
>> Akemi
>
> Hi Akemi, what do you mean by 'will have to be updated' ? isn't
> planet.centos.org a blogs aggregator ?

Hi Fabian,

Well, there seems to be some difference between the description on the
planet.c.o. and the one on www.centos.org.  The former says "CentOS
contributors" and the latter "CentOS Developers".  Dag's request to
have his blog retracted from the planet.c.o. indicates to me that the
blog is for the developers rather than for more general contributors.

If the planet.c.o. is meant for the contributors and not limited to
the developers, then the description on www.centos.org would have to
be corrected and Dag should stay on.

What do you think ??

Akemi