[CentOS-docs] New template for Homepage

Fri Jun 5 21:05:01 UTC 2009
Dag Wieers <dag at centos.org>

On Fri, 5 Jun 2009, Ed Heron wrote:

> From: "Ed Heron", Friday, June 05, 2009 9:31 AM
>
>>  I suggest that 'List of Achievements' might sound better as
>> 'Contributions'.
>
>  The stuff you have under 'Project Responsibilities' looks more like
> 'Project Roles'.  Though I think the Project part is implied/redundant.
> That could be 'Role' or 'Roles'...

You're right, especially for the items I have in that list.

Although my concern (and a risk to the project) is that important
responsibilities that people take or were given (if the interest or time
fades, which is understandable) volunteers report back that they cannot
fullfil what is expected. All too often you see in projects that people
silently disappear creating big problems that are difficult to avoid or
plan.

That's why (for the team members) I think it is important to also list the
responsibilities they have so it is clear (to them and others) what is
important and cannot be sillently ignored.

But that's definitely what my list is showing. The only responsibility I
think I currently have is the Newsletter.

>  'Interests' looks more like 'Goals', as in Goals for the your involvement
> in the project.

Right. It's hard to make a distinction between TODO, Interests or Goals
really. To me "Interests" is why you are involved with the project (maybe
your motivation), "Goals" is a high-level view of where you want to go,
"TODO" is a low-level lists of reaching your Goals.

I can see that all of this is not as clear as it ought to be. Maybe I
should be googling for "carreer planning" and "personal development"
content and see how they approach this.

My lists definitely is listing goals.