[CentOS-docs] *SPAM* Re: Request for Wiki edit permission - bootingintokickstart fro

Thu Jun 25 15:39:40 UTC 2009
Phil Schaffner <Philip.R.Schaffner at NASA.gov>

JohnS wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-06-23 at 09:48 +0700, hansbkk at gmail.com wrote:
>>         From: Phil Schaffner <Philip.R.Schaffner at NASA.gov
>
>> Do you like the idea of suggesting the LiveCD image rather than the
>> net install? Lots of advantages and no disadvantages that I can think
>> of. . .
> ---
> hansbkk at gmail.com & Phil,,,
>
> You two guys/gals there is a script available to do the Live CD to USB
> Stick Install and also a GUI Application Frontend to it also.
>
> That is if you two are interested in including that.

As I said, not on the page about installing (totally) from USB key.  Is
it different from what is linked from the release notes?

http://wiki.centos.org/Manuals/ReleaseNotes/CentOSLiveCD5.3
https://projects.centos.org/trac/livecd/wiki/ImageFlash

> Phil, I do not have the script that I once had that automated the USB
> partition and format. I think I could cobble something together though
> that would maybe suffice. I have found that using the ISO to DVD
> conversion script to not have corruption in any way like the regular
> downloadable DVD. That is when it is transfered to a USB Stick.

Any help appreciated.  I'm still trying to find time to test the
procedure and do some more work on the page.  Both work and family
situations have been quite busy of late.

Phil