[CentOS-docs] revision numbers on translated articles

Dag Wieers

dag at centos.org
Sun Mar 15 22:20:50 UTC 2009

On Thu, 5 Mar 2009, Marcus Moeller wrote:

>> Note that I do not think at all that English need to be the
>> only such language used for content needing translation --
>> good content may very well be initially authored in ither
>> tongues.
>
> You mean that it's not necessary that a new (foreign language) article
> is always based on an English version at all?

Given that we want to moderate content I am afraid original content needs
to be contributed or translated in English before published. Same is true
for updates to existing documents.

And this not only makes sense for moderation, if we want content to be
translated to as many languages as possible, it is easier to have a single
language to translate to/from and English makes the most sense for that
too.

BTW I think retaining revision numbers in translated documents makes a lot
of sense here too. Wouldn't it be nice if somehow MoinMoin would have a
relation between original and translated content to it could keep track
and report about changes ?