[CentOS-docs] Link to Chinese translation in Wiki frontpage

JohnS jses27 at gmail.com
Sat May 9 17:32:31 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-05-08 at 15:33 +0100, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> Timothy Lee wrote:
> >> What about it ? Does it address the issue on hand ? or does it propose a
> >> different way of doing things completely, thereby eliminating the issue ?
> >>
> > Yes, the code on that web page could be a solution to the issue on
> > hand.  According to its description, the code calculates and searches
> > URLs that may contain translations for requested page, and lists any
> > translation that do exist.

True, but at server expense. But how much over head does it cause? That
will be a problem as the wiki grows in size.

> Ralph and I were talking about this, and something of this nature would
> be good to have anyway, even if it does not address the issue we have at
> hand right now. It would be good to offer people a choice / change to
> get into language namespace from anywhere on the wiki! specially when
> they come in via external url's or search engine hits.

True also, but is adding code to the wiki the answer every time
something new is needed? Maybe Moin is not the right web app. What
usually happens every time just about when you start patching and adding
on to apps?