[CentOS-docs] New Wiki Page

David Dreggors ddreggors at cfl.rr.com
Sun May 10 19:44:32 UTC 2009

Dag Wieers wrote:

> Read it again. The problem exists in where the driver comes from. So
> evidently it is also in the kmod. So it is not a kmod issue.

Yes, after Ned and Scott pointed that out I understood. Thanks Dag.

Also, I am updating the wiki page. I have tried the kmod driver and can
confirm 2 things:

1. It does detect and use my wireless ethernet device.
2. It does hang my laptop whenever the device is brought down (ifconfig
ath0 down or restart).

Oh and on more thing to add. I was able to get all sound issues working,
I downloaded, compiled, and installed alsa 1.0.20. Sound is awsome, no
more static, scratchy sounds and my HDMI sound device works now!