[CentOS-docs] I'd like to contribute two wiki articles

Ralph Angenendt

ra+centos at br-online.de
Mon May 4 12:50:03 UTC 2009

Lev Shamardin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've finished the first version of the article here:
>
> http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Install_On_Partitionable_RAID1

I'll look over it when I have the time. Okay, first look done. See
below.

> And what about the second guide? (about repairing failed raid5 with more then 1
> failed drive)

I didn't think you were that fast :)

How about fine tuning the first article before beginning the other?

For example: Could you describe in one short paragraph on top of the
document what you mean by "partitionable raid" before throwing the
reader into cold water? And what the differences are to a "normal" raid?

Could you also please attach the patch for mkinitrd to the wiki page
instead of pointing to the bug tracker for download? That's just a
cosmetic change, but better to have everything on one page.

> > > Ah yes, Hope you are fine with the Creative Commons license.
>
> That's just fine.

Good.

Any opinions from others? (You didn't know that you're on "CentOS got
talent!", did you?) =:)

Ralph