[CentOS-docs] Link to Chinese translation in Wiki frontpage

Ralph Angenendt

ra+centos at br-online.de
Fri May 8 10:15:29 UTC 2009

Timothy Lee wrote:
> How about the panel code in:
> http://moinmo.in/FeatureRequests/ThisPageInOtherLanguages
> This allows translated pages to show up automatically on the bottom
> right of the panel.  See their sample site, which could be switched
> between [fr] and [en]:  http://rocococamp.info/FrontPage

Ummm. I fear that this solution does not scale at all.

a) We use the same page names on translations and the english original,
so that the automatical redirection works if there is no chinese page
but an english page, for example..

b) Translated page names need to be in a dictionary of some sort which
links page names to possible translations. So the German dict would need
to have

    StartSeite
       FrontPage

and the english dict would need an entry like

    FrontPage
       StartSeite

This would be needed *for every page* in *every language*. And as we
have no different names for pages in different languages, I'm not sure
what needs to be in there :)

Cheers,

Ralph