[CentOS-docs] Potential loss of a wiki contributor.

Dag Wieers

dag at centos.org
Sat May 9 10:32:56 UTC 2009

On Fri, 8 May 2009, Karanbir Singh wrote:

> On 05/08/2009 05:39 PM, Dag Wieers wrote:
>
>> I would also like to add some links eg. where to create a login, a link to
>> the archive, etc...
>
> Sounds good. Actually looking at that page with my 'dunce' cap on, the
> page looks a bit cluttered, there might be too much info on that one
> page which could also cause an issue. What does everyone think ? Should
> that / Could that page be split up into smaller nuggets ? Could the info
> be better organised ?

I added a TableOfContents which helps a bit, however I prefer not to make
seperate pages. We could move part of the Contribute-to-the-Wiki section
to where we create the user.

The TODO linked in the very first section is bound to be missed by most
people. I think we should do a better effort in collecting items that can
be improved and make it more obvious to everyone in the project that this
is the page where everyone can track or suggest improvements (if they do
not have the right powers).

Also I am very much inclined to ask on the mailinglist and forums that
everyone sends in a top-3 or a top-5 of items that the project needs to
work on to me and I will compile that into something we could discuss on a
CentOS conference or an internal IRL meeting.

I know I do not have to ask for a permission for this, but what do others
think about this ?