[CentOS-docs] New Wiki Page

R P Herrold

herrold at centos.org
Sat May 9 15:33:21 UTC 2009

On Sat, 9 May 2009, David Dreggors wrote:

> Oh I have exhausted all those means. I even went into the alsa site
> looking for answers. I have seen many *similar* issues and have tried a
> few of the fixes (mostly modprobe.conf options). None have worked.
>
> I have a page on the CentOS forums for this, no answers there in days,
> still 0 posts as of last night.
>
> I even tried #centos again. Again nobody even said hello to me in answer
>  to my questions. I saw you there Dag :) you were AFK I guess... said
> hello to you.

I think you like to complain

A complaint and no URL as to the forum, so I and others cannot
look at your cause for lament

Surprise that knowledgable IRC chanops of an enterprise
distribution are not sitting at the computer of a Friday
night.  No mention of your IRC nick, so one cannot tell.

In checking the log, I see that two of the first rate chanop's
WERE active until 2300 US EDT.  You appeared at 0130 from a
Roadrunner account in central Florida (US EDT), ending with:

02:15  ddreggors> ok well since there was no answer for my
sound issue I just
           went ahead and opened a Bug report.
02:15  ddreggors> I have googled, checked the wiki and forums,
and here as a
           last resort

and no mention of the bug number there so people in channel
could look in.

I also think you want to play hide and seek, from what I see
so far.

-- Russ herrold