[CentOS-docs] New Wiki Page

Scott Robbins

scottro at nyc.rr.com
Sat May 9 19:29:37 UTC 2009

On Sat, May 09, 2009 at 02:55:22PM -0400, David Dreggors wrote:

> > Since 2.6.18-128 (centos 5.3) ath5k is included in the kernel as a
> > regular module. it has been backported.
>

> Yes, and this is the one I have to blacklist as it does not work and
> interferes with new madwifi.

Yup, as I mentioned in another email.

> I have never tried the kmod-ath5k and in fact, yum does not even see it
> when I do a "yum search ath5k" or "yum search kmod_ath5k". I assume that
> this is due to the fact that it is "IN" the kernel and not an external
> module?

See my earlier email.  You would only see it listed if you put in the
elrepo.repo and then enabled the repo, which is disabled by default.

And even then, it's only in testing, so it would have to be

yum --enablerepo=elrepo-testing install kmod-ath5k.
However, if MadWifi is working for you, that's probably the best way at
present.  I don't know if Sam is still planning to continue updating it,
since most kernels now have it.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Giles: I suspect your mother would want to... put it on the
refrigerator.
Buffy: Yeah. She saw these scores and her head spun around and
exploded.
Giles: I've been on the Hellmouth too long, that was metaphorical,
yes?
Buffy: Yes.