[CentOS-docs] XPS1530 Draft Comments Please

Phil Schaffner

Philip.R.Schaffner at NASA.gov
Mon May 11 20:09:19 UTC 2009

Lalit Dhiri wrote:
> Good morning,
>
> Would anyone with CentOS Wiki experience consider giving feedback on
> the state of my draft article at?
>
> http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Laptops/Dell/XPS_M1530
>
> I will be adding info ref Nvidia graphics card driver, hard drive
> Load Cycle and hope to have the article completed later today or
> tomorrow assuming I've not messed something up :-). For now off to
> boldly go where I've never been before ;-)
>
> Have a good day and thanks for any comments.

Looks pretty overall.

Just a style comment - but I'd enclose things like lspci and lsusb
output in {{{ ... }}} markup.

Better to point people to known repos than downloads, and it is highly
discouraged to recommend source installs unless absolutely necessary.
iwl4965-firmware and nvidia-x11-drv are available from RPMforge.  Have
you tried them?

Phil