[CentOS-docs] Contribute request

JohnS

jses27 at gmail.com
Tue May 12 09:48:24 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-05-11 at 23:04 +0400, Vladislav Rastrusny wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I was advised by the forum moderator to ask for contribution:
> http://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=20223&forum=38&post_id=76546#forumpost76546
>
>  My wiki login is VladislavRastrusny
>
> I would like to contribute for Tips & Tricks section with a small
> automated script to install webmin repository data and webmin itself
> from here: http://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=20223&forum=38&post_id=76546#forumpost76546

I hate Webmin period. I like the scripted install though.

> And also I would like to contribute automated RPM forge repository
> installation script:
> http://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=20222&forum=38&post_id=76525#forumpost76525
> after it will be checked by forum users and found to be error-free.

Hmm, I like that script also. But I have a slight problem. It or (Both)
should be in Python, Shell or Bash and not PHP. PHP in my opinion is
more of a web scripting language but I'm aware it can used in system
configuration also.

I myself on server installs would use scripts like this in %post in
Kickstart. Keep in mind file servers usually do not have PHP installed.
Python is always there because a majority of Administration Tools depend
on it.

JohnStanley