[CentOS-docs] Contribute request

Vladislav Rastrusny

FractalizeR at yandex.ru
Tue May 12 11:23:09 UTC 2009

2009/5/12 Ralph Angenendt <ra+centos at br-online.de>:
> Noted. That would fit under "Admin tricks and shell one-liners",
> wouldn't it?
Yes, I think this is the place because it is very simple and plain.

> Okay. I'm waiting for comments here - php as a scripting language?
> Strange >:)
Why strange ;) I think PHP is no worse than Perl. I think the choice
of scripting language for tools is up to the developer. I don't see
why bash or perl is better than php. At least php-cli is very easy to
be installed (just one yum command) and does not cause the threat to
the system security. Of course not all servers has it, but I prefer
PHP scripts because they are much easy to read and understand
comparing to Perl and Bash especially for novice users (I think
professionals have their own scripts for everything :) ).

> Oh, we'd all like that, but there is no such thing at the moment. You
> can get your own "HomePage" on the wiki :)
:) Ok, thank you ;)

> Oh, and please - put a bit more prose around the scripts, like what do
> do where and why (and why people should use the webmin.repo, what to
> watch out for, ...)
Ok, I will!