[CentOS-docs] wiki.centos.org logo behaviour

Dag Wieers

dag at centos.org
Thu May 14 22:01:01 UTC 2009

On Thu, 14 May 2009, Vladislav Rastrusny wrote:

> 2009/5/14 Dag Wieers <dag at centos.org>:
>> On Thu, 14 May 2009, Mats Karlsson wrote:
>>
>>> Im curious ?
>>>
>>> When I click on the logo in upper left corner on wiki.centos.org then
>>> I get to the wiki frontpage, not the www.centos.org page!?!
>>>
>>> This is a bit redundant IMHO, I already have the "frontpage" menu, but
>>> there is no way to navigate back to www from the wiki as I can see.
>>>
>>> And thats the beaviour on http://bugs.centos.org/main_page.php, click
>>> on logo gets you back to www.
>>
>> I think that is the intended purpose. The wiki is not a "sub-directory" of
>> the centos website, but a seperate entity altogether. Someone visiting one
>> of the wiki-articles expects to go to the wiki frontpage when clicking on
>> the logo, not leaving the wiki.
>>
>> As long as there is not common interface (a recurring header with all
>> sub-sites) on all different websites I think it would be a bad idea.
>
> But I suppose there should be definitely a link somewhere at the top
> of the page which returns you to main CentOS.org page?

I don't see anything compelling on the CentOS website frontpage that is
worth going to from the Wiki. But, as I said, if there was a common
interface on all CentOS sites (wiki, website, forums, mirrors, projects) I
am all for it.

Currently I am against it because it makes navigation even harder (since
there is no clear hierarchy).