[CentOS-docs] Comments on draft TipsAndTricks/InstallWebminRepo page

Ralph Angenendt

ra+centos at br-online.de
Fri May 22 13:16:19 UTC 2009

Dag Wieers wrote:
> On Fri, 22 May 2009, Ralph Angenendt wrote:
>
> > Ralph Angenendt wrote:

> >> Check http://wiki.centos.org/RalphAngenendt/recent
> >
> > Don't you love when Threads just die like this? So what: Any opinions?
>
> I think it's good. Although I have some remarks (as usual :-))
>
>   - I would not limit the amount of entries by number, but rather in time.
>     So that big contributors have more entries than small contributors.

Ummm. Those are the last *created* pages. So people who create more
pages do get more entries in there ... It's not about changed pages :)

>   - I would by default add a header/title in that macro and maybe even add
>     it by default to all Homepages (given that we know they are homepages)
>     since I would prefer that a Homepage has a custom part, but also a
>     standardized part.

Okay, I don't understand what that has to do with a list of the last 5
to 10 newly created pages on the FrontPage.

> Which brings me to another point, wouldn't it be better if the Homepages
> all went into /Users or something ? Instead of the root of the wiki ? Then
> at least we could have a complete listing of all Homepages as index.

Yes. And could take them out of the "New Pages" macro which isn't
possible at the moment. Only problem I see: putting "RalphAngenendt" on
a page automagically creates a link to /RalphAngenendt - that would need
to be changed, too.

Cheers,

Ralph