[CentOS-docs] Comments on draft TipsAndTricks/InstallWebminRepo page

JohnS

jses27 at gmail.com
Sat May 30 06:01:50 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-05-29 at 21:43 +0100, Lucian at lastdot.org wrote:
> On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 7:58 PM, JohnS <jses27 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Fri, 2009-05-29 at 22:44 +0400, Vladislav Rastrusny wrote:
> >> What RPM? WebMin RPM? That will make you loose repository automatical
> >> updates advantage.

> > You did not bother to read the next mail I sent regarding this?
>
> Well, I did and to be frank I did not understood what your problem is.
> Care to put it in a more human readable "format"?
---
Alrighty, you asked you shall receive! Number one a regular user can't
copy and paste the above code and execute it unless they become root.
2. I looked at the above code and said there is a better way to do that
via using "wget http:\\ | rpm -Uvh webmin-release.rpm.
3. There is "NO" "Webmin Release" rpm so that will not happen. At least
I did not find one at the webmin sight.
4. Is it not standard to have a yum release package in a yum repo? I
thought it was.
5.In theory if the URL for the repo changes but guess what??? No
webmin-release to reflect that change.
6. Now let me make this very clear. I am in no way saying it is a bad
article. At least you are contributing something to the more advanced
CentOS users.

Questions?

JohnStanley