[CentOS-docs] Comments on draft TipsAndTricks/InstallWebminRepo page

Thu May 28 19:31:34 UTC 2009
David Dreggors <ddreggors at cfl.rr.com>

Phil Schaffner wrote:
> Apropos http://wiki.centos.org/TipsAndTricks/InstallWebminRepo
>
> Suggested changes (mostly nit-picky :-) ...

I had another suggestion, and this fits in the nit picky range as well :)

You have the user paste all those lines into a file and the make it
executable and then run it... a lot of un-needed steps.

Try this, (I have tested and it works great):

Copy this code [without the <code> tags but do include the parenthesis ]

<code>
(echo "[Webmin]
name=Webmin Distribution Neutral
baseurl=http://download.webmin.com/download/yum
enabled=1" >/etc/yum.repos.d/webmin.repo
rpm --import http://www.webmin.com/jcameron-key.asc
yum -y install webmin)
</code>

Now instruct them to paste this right in the console, and press enter...
done!