[CentOS-docs] winki article contribution

Wed Nov 11 18:11:28 UTC 2009
Garry.Dale <garry.dale at gmail.com>

On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 11:39 AM, Mr dave fernandes
<daveandtracy at yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- On Tue, 11/10/09, Mr dave fernandes <daveandtracy at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> Did you get my message.  I again tried to include the article as an attachment.  Can I somehow send it to you.  Sadly I don't have it tied to a web server.  I guess I should at some point.  I have a domain but never bothered setting it up.
>
> Dave...
> From: Mr dave fernandes <daveandtracy at yahoo.com>
> Subject: winki article contribution
> To: centos-docs at centos.org
> Date: Tuesday, November 10, 2009, 2:01 PM
>
> Dave Fernandes
>
> I propose a much needed article on using cups from the command line.  This article, fully written and used by myself will automate the process of adding printers to any desktop or server just by running a script file.  It will teach you lpadmin, lpstat, how to setup and install drivers for printers and how to automate the process.
> I find this useful on client sites (who love linux of course) to automate installing printers.  I find the graphic tools way too time consuming.
>
> Location is up to you.  Here is the article.
>
> *** NOTE:
> The article does NOT include information on the cups.conf file for sharing printers because I feel that's way too much information and loses the focus of what I'm trying to do.

Hi, Dave:  Rather than sending attachments, you might try posting a
request to this list for edit access to the WikiSandBox [1].  The
sandbox is where you can experiment with content layout, editing
commands, etc. This is also a good place for the community to review
and proof the article prior to publication on the wiki.

gd

[1] http://wiki.centos.org/WikiSandBox