[CentOS-docs] wiki contribution

Thu Nov 26 10:56:20 UTC 2009

On 11/25/2009 11:45 PM, John R. Dennison wrote:
>> With a big fat warning sign? Have you already tested things in there?
>
> 	There are a number of #centos regulars that are using the
> 	IUS packages and I've yet to hear of any complaints with
> 	them.

Thats just noise. There are a lot of people who do source builds as
well, and we strongly discourage people from using that process.

My question is - why did they not consider actually doing this with the
project or even talking to anyone within the communities.

Rackspace are the typical leecher commercial vendors feeding off the
CentOS pool, with little or not desire to even consider contributing any
level of effort or time back into the project. To me, thats a big deal.

I'm voting for not listing them on the wiki. Also, what is it that the
IUS repo does that isnt available on the other regular
non-commercially-backed repositories ?

--
Karanbir Singh
London, UK        | http://www.karan.org/ | twitter.com/kbsingh