[CentOS-docs] New User Wishes to Contribute

Ralph Angenendt

ralph.angenendt at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 13:24:43 UTC 2009

On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 9:45 PM, Brian Mathis
<brian.mathis+centosdocs at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2) Follow the currently more popular "community" model that is in use
> in other OSS projects.  That means the wiki is generally open to
> anyone with an account.  This model would yield a larger community of
> people willing to contribute, at the cost of potentially lower quality
> content (however, I don't not believe that will actually be the case).
>  This model would be a shift in approach from where the project
> currently seems to be focused.

That's why I asked some questions a few mails ago which nobody has
even tried to answer yet :)

As said, I'm torn between both models. Model 1 has some advantages
where I'd like to be convinced that we can also get that with with
model 2.

> The model for #2 has an escape valve, which is that all of the messy
> "community stuff" can happen in the wiki, while the "official" stuff
> that has been discussed here would live on the actual centos web site
> outside of the wiki.

That already is the case ("official" Documentation is there).

Cheers,

Ralph