[CentOS-docs] New User Wishes to Contribute

Thu Oct 1 01:52:22 UTC 2009
Phil Schaffner <P.R.Schaffner at IEEE.org>

On Wed, 2009-09-30 at 16:25 -0700, Steve Bonds wrote:
> As requested on http://wiki.centos.org/Contribute, here is my info:
>
> # your FirstnameLastname username [SteveBonds]
> # the proposed subject of your Wiki contribution(s) [Personal Page]
> # the proposed location of your Wiki contribution(s) [Personal Page]
>
> I'll branch out from here.  Maybe.  While I understand the problem
> with spammers, asking each user to send each proposed page to the list
> for creation, then wait until it's created, and only then get to
> edit... is pretty onerous compared to other options.

Agreed, and there have been discussions of opening the process.  For now
it's a meritocracy.   Follow the process, become known to the community,
make some good contributions, then ask for a higher level of access.
Chances are it will be granted.

Welcome to centos-docs!

Phil

P.S. Also develop a thick skin.  :-)  This could be a proving-ground for
technical writers in-training, and the constructive criticism can
sometimes be a bit heavy, but it is generally well-intended.