[CentOS-docs] New User Wishes to Contribute

Thu Oct 1 16:55:35 UTC 2009
Marcus Moeller <mail at marcus-moeller.de>

Dear Russ,

>> Seriously, to me, I've been thinking about it the source of my
>> concern for the last couple of weeks, and the tension comes
>> down to 'core' v 'adjunct' and has a reasonably simple
>> resolution -- split the two, and put all non-core material in
>> a 'projects.centos.org' sub domain
>>
>> That would permit a clear division of 'official' content --
>> rebuilds of upstream doco, an authoritative 'watched' wiki
>> component for docoing CentOS specific variants, a
>> target to point to as to recurring IRC, forum, etc issues, and
>> another place open much more widely (in: x.projects. ... ) for
>> whatever the cat wants to drag in.  I'll happily ignore what
>> happens in 'projects', and the 'official' retains merit
>> without pollution

I am not sure if splitting the 'Community' from the project would make sense.

Why not granting Edit rights (and I mean full Edit Group Access) to
anyone who has already contributed good stuff.

Then there should be something like a Wiki Admin group which will
track changes and correct them || start discussion on the MLs if
necessary.

Best Regards
Marcus