[CentOS-docs] New User Wishes to Contribute

Wed Oct 7 20:31:36 UTC 2009
R P Herrold <herrold at centos.org>

On Wed, 7 Oct 2009, Marcus Moeller wrote:

>> The second approach sounds like more of a slam than living in
>> a 'projects.' sub-domain to me.

> Which means that there will possibly more than one documentation per
> task, e.g. there could be a KVM tutorial in the moderated and one in
> the 'open' wiki space.

I think people who reinvent wheels in the wrong venue are
wasting their time, for the reasons I've gone through before.
Others disagree.  I get it and proposed a fix to split the
difference (a la Solomon with babies) which has no competing
alternative that I can see.  So what?

> If the quality of an article in the 'open' wiki is good enough, who
> ports/merges it to the moderated one?

Yeah -- that's hard -- export as text from point A, and paste
at point B ... impossible.  For extra credit, export both
files if there is an incumbent in the 'veted' archie and merge
diffs (and probably refactor as well).  So what?

> Sounds quite odd to me, sorry.

Cannot help you there.

-- Russ herrold