[CentOS-docs] Contributing Wiki article on tmpfs

Wed Oct 14 18:36:30 UTC 2009
Jasper Siepkes <jasper at siepkes.nl>

Hello,

On Wed, 2009-10-14 at 17:21 +0200, Ralph Angenendt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> sorry for reacting so late (did I really overlook that mail for 4 days? Tsk).

No problem, I know all too well how time can fly :-)

> On Sat, Oct 10, 2009 at 11:33 AM, Jasper Siepkes <jasper at siepkes.nl> wrote:
> >  I would like to contribute a howto on how to put /tmp on tmpfs (or shm as it used to be called). I would also like to add a bit of background information on why you would possibly want such a thing.
>
> Do so (I mean the thingie with the background information).
>
> > proposed title: "Using tmpfs for /tmp"
> > proposed location: HowTos
>
> Is that really going to be a larger HowTo? I see that in the
> TipsAndTricks section under "file system tips" - don't you too?

Yeah the TipsAndTricks section is indeed better suited. But where should
I put the background info ? Should I put that with the TipsAndTricks
article ? Or is there another place for background information in the
wiki ?

Kind regards,

Jasper