[CentOS-docs] doc?: TipsAndTricks/ApacheVHostDir

Manuel Wolfshant wolfy at nobugconsulting.ro
Thu Sep 3 19:39:37 UTC 2009

On 09/03/2009 07:02 PM, Ed Heron wrote:
>   Are there any other opinions?  Questions?
>
>   Is my suggestion to add ./vhost.d/ to the Apache configuration as a user
> installable option not acceptable?
    From a technical point of view, your suggestion seems 100% correct,
including the selinux context needed for the new directory [*]. However
I still think that it simply duplicates the existing functionality of
the conf.d folder (which, in my opinion, exists with the very purpose of
adding new configuration files -- including the definition of virtual
hosts) and therefore it is useless.

    On the other hand, I do like your proposal from
http://wiki.centos.org/EdHeron/ApacheVhostDefault (minus the first
subparagraph of paragraph #5, of course).

[1] I am not sure what will happen after a full relabeling of the
system, since the new directory does not exist in the selinux database
(I mean  /etc/selinux/targeted/contexts/files/file_contexts, part of
selinux-policy)