[CentOS-docs] Contribution to wiki: nagios incompatibility with centos 5.2

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Thu Sep 17 17:49:22 UTC 2009

On 09/17/2009 07:31 AM, Marcus Moeller wrote:
> I personally agree on that. We have similar issues with the Spacewalk
> documentation (another thread :?). It would be great to have something
> like an installation guide covering the CentOS specific aspects and
> links to the upstream docs.

Thats interesting - since much of the spacewalk development happens on
CentOS and there are quite a few different places where its documented.
Also, I dont think its a fair comparison Nagios and Spacewalk. Spacewalk
is specifically targetting the EL/CentOS base and in many cases there is
synergy there between upstream, users and the leechers around it. Nagios
has no such relation to the CentOS project.

but then thats a point you highlight already:

> For Spacewalk e.g., I have started to improve the 'official' upstream
> docs a bit (which are already quite good), instead of re-generating
> content.

Btw, there is also an effort underway to have a centos specific
spacewalk repo hosted on centos.org to make life even easier. At that
point, where would you document the install and getting started ? Would
you not atleast consider a stub on the CentOS wiki that gives people the
relevant kick-off they need ?