[CentOS-docs] Contribution to wiki: nagios incompatibility with centos 5.2

Sat Sep 19 04:04:47 UTC 2009
Nick Sklav <sklav at teksavvy.com>

Hi List

my question to everyone is. What is exactly wrong with having helpful
documentation on the centos wiki? Does it really matter if the original
maintainer documents his app. I for one love the fact i can search threw
the wiki and get app#1 working and I also know the procedure has gone
threw peer review and i am fairly comfortable it is secure practice.

I for one contributed the Multi-Media portion and as many have called it
pointless at one time or another All i know is my personal blog gets a
few thousand hits per month and I can only imagine the centos wiki gets
100 times more hits. According to multiple post this document should not
live on the wiki cause lets be honest 90% of the installed apps to get a
full multimedia experience reside outside of what centos ships.

I think any documentation is good. I agree maybe docs on how to use grep
might be pointless in 90% of the user base but anything that simplifies
or paints the nice picture adds to the community.

I for one after seeing all the mess with the domain names and the funds
and now the wiki feel like centos is imploding on itself.

I believe the point of the wiki is un-official documentation and
considering all of it is coming from users contributing it, who am i to
say good or bad or pointless. I for one have found multiple items in the
wiki helpful and believe that limiting content will turn more and more
people away.

my 2 cents which is not worth much if you factor in the exchange rate.