[CentOS-docs] doco bug as to http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Custom_Kernel

Alan Bartlett

ajb at elrepo.org
Sat Aug 28 00:56:44 UTC 2010

On 27 August 2010 20:54, Akemi Yagi <amyagi at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 27, 2010 at 12:35 PM, R P Herrold <herrold at owlriver.com> wrote:

>> and AJB kernel-2.6.35-3.bcat.src.rpm
>>
>> [I see AlanBartlett as the last editor on that page]
>>
>> I have installed the given ajb source rpm
>> kernel-2.6.35-3.bcat.src.rpm, and verified that it is intact:

I note muddle-minded confusion from which the snippet, above, is a segment.

> The wiki article:
>
> http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Custom_Kernel
>
> was written for _CentOS_ kernels as stated on the page:
>
> " This tutorial will cover the building of a kernel from the CentOS
> sources with your own options or modifications. It is written
> primarily for CentOS-5. "

> The bcat kernel is a mainline kernel. It was _built_ to run under
> CentOS.

I wish to make a minor correction of the last sentence, above. It was
not built for CentOS but for EL5, explicitly RHEL 5.

This discussion of my private work has *no relevance* to articles in
the CentOS wiki or the centos-docs m/l. I would appreciate it ending,
now.

If I did not know the originator of this m/l thread as well as I do,
he would be categorised as a mischief-maker and ignored appropriately.

If anyone wishes to discuss my non-CentOS related work, they are
welcome to make contact via the appropriate medium. There will be no
charge.

Alan.