[CentOS-docs] Automated listing of translations on each wiki page

Jerry Amundson jamundso at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 12:48:44 EST 2010

Ralph, gmail is working for me. Are you using the *left* mouse button? :-)

On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 6:53 PM, Timothy Lee <timothy.ty.lee at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Marcus,
>
> On 11/29/2010 07:43 PM, Marcus Moeller wrote:
>> Dear Ralph.

>> Do you think it could be possible to use a pulldown bar for language
>> selection like in:
>>
>> http://wiki.centos.org/ArtWork/Style/Web/Default
>>
>> Maybe we could also adopt this css to Mantis, but I never hacked a
>> Mantis theme before. Could you perhaps send me the one that is
>> currently used, so I can take a look at the structure?
> Generating the options for the pull-down list should be quite easy --
> just changing a few lines in the code.  The down side is that those
> links would not be picked up by search engines.  You must also use
> either javascript or server-side logic to do the page redirection.

If the "This wiki in ..." line towards the bottom is to replicate the
langbar (or pulldown bar), then that *would* be picked up by search
engines, correct?

Also, could the two be sync'd up? Meaning, have the same languages, in
the same order, with the same look. Per the latter, the en and de
pages display a text description, while the es page uses two-letter
code, and es has horizontal lines bordering it (which I like), whereas
en and de are plain.

jerry