[CentOS-docs] Proposed edit to VNC server Wiki entry

Byron Veale bveale at njstatelib.org
Mon Feb 22 16:48:41 UTC 2010

Greetings from member BVeale.

I would like to recommend an addition to the VNC server Wiki page located here:

http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/VNC-Server

I would recommend adding a reference to this blog post from "Code Ghar":

http://codeghar.wordpress.com/2009/06/11/remote-login-with-gdm-and-vnc-on-fedora-11/

It could be a summary of the steps given in this post, or just a link to the page, perhaps titled "Setting up remote login with VNC."  It could be added at the end of the page, as section 7.

As a newcomer to CEntOS, I found it frustrating to properly set up VNC as I didn't realize the instructions given in the Wiki entry weren't designed with remote login in mind -- they seem to be more for screen sharing.  Now that I have realized the intent of the instructions, I believe users would benefit if an addition covering remote login was added to the Wiki entry.

Regards,

-Byron