[CentOS-docs] page for translators

Ernesto Celis

celisdelafuente at gmail.com
Sun Feb 14 16:52:33 UTC 2010

2010/2/13 Alan Bartlett <ajb at elrepo.org>:
> On 13 February 2010 17:26, Marcus Moeller <mail at marcus-moeller.de> wrote:
>
>> Of course Timothy is outstanding, but you can't expect that from every
>> translator.
>
> I agree, absolutely.
>
>> Translating pages is very time consuming and not that big
>> fun, so I understand if one starts a translation but does not manage
>> to maintain it over a long period of time.
>
> Again, agreed. So potential translators (perhaps) should be advised as
> to what effort it may entail. :-)
>
>> This is okay as far as you add a revision note to the page and
>> preferable announce off time on the ML.
>
> Please don't take this as a criticism but I am not sure what you mean
> by the latter part of the last sentence -- "preferable announce off
> time on the ML."
>
>> Btw. I thought Ernesto Celis and his crew wanted to take care of the
>> Spanish pages?

Yes, I'm am interested in taking care of this along with other spanish
speakear people, but I guess, I can't tell "my crew".

I'll write on centos-es ML stating what has been discussed in this
thread to see who is willing to help with the spanish translation
mantenaince.

A couple of times I've pointed in centos-es some issues in the spanish
translations and Alain Reguera was promptly making the corrections,
but as you said I haven't seen him very active lately.

I have started to translate the E-Mail pages missing spanish
traslation, I was thinking on talking with Alain and other in the
centos-es community to have 2 or 3 people review translations and
avoid any missunderstanding derived from differences among the spanish
we talk in different countries. But I've been busy with home moving
last week so it was a TODO for me.

I already have the "Postfix" how to translated. And started working in
"Postfix Restrictions", actually I'm working on this translations in
my private wiki hosted in other place, waiting for the talk with Alain
Regurea and others to take place, but I can start moving that
translations over here right now.

--
Saludos
Ernesto Celis (Usuario Linux #323140)