[CentOS-docs] Proposed edit to VNC server Wiki entry

pjwelsh

pjwelsh at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 21:27:28 UTC 2010

On 02/23/2010 02:23 PM, Byron Veale wrote:

> No worries.  You read my mind -- I was going to ask if anyone else had
> trouble with these instructions.

Well Byron, just as you suspected, there is some missing info in the
vnc-ltsp-config section of the VNC-Server howto
(http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/VNC-Server#head-29f6855e8f3684dc6c005d4399f60886edf611ec).
There is only the need to have:
[xdmcp]
Enable=true
[security]
DisallowTCP=false
in the /etc/gdm/custom.conf (plus "init 3; init 5", plus any iptables
issues, plus any selinux issues). I did not even remember that the
modifying of /etc/gdm/custom.conf was being handled by a "sanity script".

A quick google'n turns up indications that others have tried and failed
to use these docs (but did not report it to our forums).

Thank you for your patience and understanding in helping figure this
issue out.

Would you like to take the step of validating for you that the only
additions are the 2 custom.conf additions (plus "init 3; init 5")?

Thank you

PJ