[CentOS-docs] Contribution for Wiki CentOS - Virtual Hosting with VSFTPD and MySQL on CentOS 5 - HowTO Tutorial

Tue Feb 2 20:49:03 UTC 2010
Ralph Angenendt <ralph.angenendt at gmail.com>

Am 02.02.10 18:09, schrieb Han Solo:
> Hello
>
> I am Thomas, alias Han Solo registered to wiki.centos.org
> <http://wiki.centos.org> with email  libnacom{}gmail.com <http://gmail.com>.

I would need your WikiName (FirstnameLastname), not your mail address.

> <https://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=24559&forum=38>
> Can I or someone post to WIKI for all others out there to help out
> configuring it, please.

Nice article, but ...

A few things which should be changed: The explanations in the first part
are a bit terse (why do you want to store users in MySQL? Why should you
choose a different password for mysql's root account than for your
normal account?).

Then: your vsftpd.conf contains tons of commented lines. On the other
hand it is missing explanations *why* you set the other settings like
they are.

Next: Please do not use paths like local_root=/usr/tmp/user1 in a HowTo.
Please use a sensible path for that.

cat /dev/null > /etc/pam.d/vsftpd is useless use of cat.
">/etc/pam.d/vsftpd" is enough.

Why use
ftp://ftp.pbone.net/mirror/centos.karan.org/el5/extras/testing/i386/RPMS/pam_mysql-0.7-0.5.rc1.el5.kb.2.i386.rpm
if you can also use http://centos.karan.org/ for downloading it?

Cheers,

Ralph