[CentOS-docs] Broken links in 5.2 deployment guide

Thu Feb 18 13:54:45 UTC 2010
Alan Bartlett <ajb at elrepo.org>

On 18 February 2010 08:54, Mathieu Baudier <mbaudier at argeo.org> wrote:

> When browsing the (excellent) deployment guide I found the following
> broken links:
>
> http://www.centos.org/docs/5/html/5.2/Deployment_Guide/s2-basic-firewall-securitylevel-enable.html
> ('Next' link from
> http://www.centos.org/docs/5/html/5.2/Deployment_Guide/s2-basic-firewall-securitylevel.html)
>
> http://www.centos.org/docs/5/html/5.2/Deployment_Guide/s2-iptables-options-commands.html
> ('Next' link from
> http://www.centos.org/docs/5/html/5.2/Deployment_Guide/s2-iptables-options-structure.html)
>
> I guess that this is the most relevant list to send to, even if it is
> not about the wiki.

Hi Mathieu,

You've got the right list. (The CentOS 5.2 Deployment Guide ==
documentation.  :-)  )

Yes, there are a number of broken links in that document. However, as
it is now two "point-releases" out of date, I suspect they will not be
fixed. You might ask where are the current CentOS documents . . . The
truthful answer is that a few people have looked into the task of
producing them but the time factor required for the task of the
removal of TUV's images / logos / trademarks has precluded their
appearance.

I normally advise users to make use of the current, up to date,
versions of TUV's documentation which, in the case of the Deployment
Guide, can be found at the following URL --

https://www.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/5.4/html/Deployment_Guide/index.html

Regards,
Alan.