[CentOS-docs] Proposed edit to VNC server Wiki entry

Tue Feb 23 18:19:13 UTC 2010
pjwelsh <pjwelsh at gmail.com>

On 02/23/2010 11:53 AM, Byron Veale wrote:
> --> Yes, they may be simpler, but those instructions don't allow for
> remote log-in -- they are only for controlling the screen of an already
> logged-in user.  At least, that is how they worked for me.  FWIW I
> followed the instructions completely.
>
> As I mentioned, I believe CEntOS users would appreciate a method of
> setting up VNC to allow for remote log-in.  In my opinion, the method on
> the Code Ghar blog really isn't more complicated than the other methods
> given.  In fact, I think it's a lot easier than the vnc-ltsp-config
> method if you take into account the work involved configuring the EPEL
> repository for yum, with priorities etc.  (Okay, I might be a bit anal
> in using that approach, but I _am_ a newbie...)
>
> Thanks for your attention to this matter,
>
> -Byron

Sorry Byron, the send got hit without finishing and more thought. I did
not intend to come across like I did. I apologize for the rude and the
run-on sentence.

I would suspect that there may be some previous issue that may have
messed up your vnc-ltsp install attempt. I will make it a point to
verify that the instructions are still usable.